MHS is a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve people’s lives and instill hope by providing cost-effective community-based mental health, drug and alcohol recovery, and housing services. We continually seek new and improved ways of serving our clients and communities.
The VP Business Development works to improve our market position and achieve financial growth within San Jose, Santa Clara and surrounding counties. The VP Business Development builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates agency involvement, and maintains extensive knowledge of current industry conditions. Once funding is attained the VP Business Development is responsible for the oversight and management of assigned programs operated by MHS, including program launch, contract compliance, performance outcomes, administrative and clinical supervision, financial performance and community partnerships.
• Identify and analyze behavioral health needs to improve systems of care in San Jose/Santa Clara region.
• Development and maintain relationships with key community and city/county leaders. Attend meetings with stakeholders to build and leverage relationships.
• Identify potential client, as well as decision makers within funder organizations.
• Establish MHS presence and promote MHS services in the region.
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on industry trends to MHS management.
• Assist the Development Department as subject matter expert, work with Program Finance Management to prepare proposed budgets, and review proposals as needed.
• Communicate with and inform the executive team on a regular basis, both verbally and in written documentation.
• Comply with all MHS rules, policies and procedures including HIPPA standards.
• Master’s Degree in Behavioral Health field
• LCSW, LMFT, or Ph.D. licensed in California, or licensed eligible preferred. AOD certification preferred
• Minimum of 5 years working in the behavioral health field required
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory/management experience required
• In-depth knowledge of mental health care and substance abuse treatment
• Demonstrated experience Developing business and achieving financial growth in a health care agency or industry
• Strong ability to facilitate meetings and influence decision makers
• Experience with an understanding of County, State and Federal funding streams
• Strong ability to effectively communicate verbally, in public settings. Strong ability to communicate in writing
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work independently, prioritize work and effectively collaborate with a team
• Valid California driver’s license and current auto insurance coverage